A New Light

By: Amphitrite (papervanity@gmail.com)

Rated: PG

Pairing: Charlie/Mike

Summary: Mike is uncertain and Charlie is shy. But hope will put these boys back on their feet.



 

 


“Will you come visit me at the Factory in the summer?” Charlie asked shyly.

For a second, something flickered in Mike’s eyes. Then he raised an eyebrow, looking bored. “Why?”

“Because I like you a lot and I can’t imagine never seeing you ever again.” His cheeks bloomed bright red and he looked down in embarrassment. Mike didn’t say anything but he was still there, so Charlie peeked at him.

The other boy was staring at him with an unidentifiable expression on his face, seemingly at a loss for words. Charlie noted with secret pleasure that he was blushing, too. But then he looked away at the snow-covered buildings to his right and snapped, "Candy is stupid."

Charlie flinched.

"Am I stupid?" he asked quietly.

Mike's eyes flew back to him, wide and surprised. He stared again and Charlie almost felt like he was being evaluated. He fidgeted nervously.

"No," Mike whispered.

Charlie’s eyes lit up and a goofy grin appeared upon his face. On impulse, he reached over and pulled the unsuspecting boy into an enthusiastic hug. At first, Mike stiffened at the abrupt intrusion of privacy, but then his lips curved up into a tiny smile, the small patches of pink on his cheek becoming more vibrant than ever.

Charlie knew his own smile was shining impossibly bright as he felt a thin pair of arms slowly wind themselves around his back.